View Single Post
      02-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
M3 is the standard for AWD sport sedans/coupes?
that is exactly my point, it's like comparing apples and oranges, two different categories. or if you want to compare, i guess we should compare bmw's best 2 door coupe(M3) to audi's best 2 door coupe (R8). but you'll say that's not fair, the R8 is more expensive.
can't have it both ways bub. i know bimmer fans love to compare their m3 to cars they feel are inferior, seems like a common theme.
I remember you from Audizine, so I'm sure you're not favouring either side. It's not fair to compare AWD to RWD cars as you stated, but BMW is not the one that has been pestering other manufacture to compete with the m3(you already agreed to this in another post). I don't really feel like it's we who are always the ones comparing the m3 to others. Comparison goes both ways, I've seen my fair share of RS4 owners post about how they would have "beaten" an m3 silly if the conditions were less than "perfect."

About the R8 vs M3, ignoring straight line testing(because that's all that matters ) ..based on laptimes the R8 isn't that much faster than the M3. It's almost in the same way that the M3 is faster than an RS4/RS5. Having said that, I'd still an RS5 over an m3 if it was my only car - can't beat that all around goodness.