View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #203
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

If they can give that electric motor the sound of a Ferrari I am all for it and as far as sound goes. The inline-4's can sound very awesome. If you listen to most Japanese super sport class bikes they sound like fighter jets and have a sky high rpm and power delivery so strong that it will bring tears to your eyes. I miss my beat GSXR-1000 no engine put more fear in my heart than that engine with its ear piercing scream when it reved past 10000 rpms. Maybe if BMW gets to work more on the 4 cylinder engine they will be able to tweak the noise you would prefer and get the power delivery more to your liking.

I think its a bit harsh to shoot down something before you have even given it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
Your opinion is, of course, just as valid as anyone's. My only concern is that thinking like this -- paying attention to the numbers more tha the quality of the experience -- will lead us to sacrifice the character of sports cars to the point where the spectrum of choice will be very narrow.

By your definition, an electric M3 that provided slightly more power, better fuel efficiency and slightly better packaging would be better than the current M3. The specs might say that's true, but I certainly wouldn't want one!
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0