12-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #203
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
There may be a gray line there. If a player sells his room and board at the school that's an obvious violation. The game jersey was provided to the player by the university and is still the university property. They need to properly define when items given are on longer university property and personal property.
Again, Pryor, Posey, Adams, Herron...DUMBASSES! You must have not heard of the AJ Green situation on just 6 months ago for doing the same thing! Idiots, you let everyone down, GTFO!
I agree... they are definitely dumbasses. If it was university property, then it's definitely wrong. I think the issue is that NCAA rules aren't necessarily law, so whatever they sold may legally be their personal items, but since they are something they "won" they aren't allowed to sell it while in school (stupid rule).

Honestly, the NCAA has many rules like this which make no sense. First, if you enforce them, enforce them across the board. Second, if you find a rule that's BS or doesn't make sense in the modern time, then change it!