04-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #17
e36jakeo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6 Speed MT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Here's the thing: there are plenty of great drivers who will take that M3 vert and run circles around you in a closed top M3. So now who's the poser?

Yeah - just risk potentially voiding the the warranty, so some cocky kid on the forums won't call you a poser. Great idea.

Why? Are you commuting to work on the Nurburging?
I knew I'd get some responses to my comment

I seriously don't get the point of taking a perfectly engineered sports coupe, complete with CF roof, and then adding 500 lbs and taking away structural rigidity, thus defeating the entire point of the car.

That is why I say you might as well get a 335i convertible (and if you want more power, it is easy to come by on that turbo 6). Get it with a body kit to match an M3.

A 4-seater convertible cannot remain rigid enough to take advantage of a stiff suspension that comes on an M3, and the additional weight will slow it down significantly.

If you really want a performance convertible get a car engineered AS a convertible (Boxter S, for example) so it is still stiff, light and agile.

BTW, I will be the one outdriving you, no matter what you drive, at any track you choose. I'll be happy to send you some videos on how to drive.

Your response is that of a . . . poser. So get your $75K M3 Vert, put the top down, put on some shades, and pose away