View Single Post
      09-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #39
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
No flat plane. Part of the reason why I feel Ferrari V8 sound so rough, abrasive and buzzy due to the flat plane.

I know this is about the M3 vs ISF but I have to say this video gave me chills that sound is ****ing out of this world.

Also I think the LFA looks pretty badass in red. As far as price honestly I think the best way to look this situation is - if you had a billion dollars (or were a multi multi multi millionaire - i.e. the types of people these cars cater to) would you want the LFA as part of your collection? I think the answer for me would be yes.

If I were going out to get a supercar, would the LFA be my first choice? No. I'd go for the old guard, the Ferraris the Lamborghinis, and so on. I'd get a Veyron as well, but somewhere along the line, I would love to get the LFA. Only 500 makes it rare, and the sound is amazing. I'd only get it if money were really no object.

If I had just $400k to spend on a car, I probably shouldn't be spending $400k on a car in the first place. People who buy $400k cars have $40 million+ bucks in the bank (or invested).

You guys have to realize that the people buying the LFA aren't going "LFA or Ferrari?" These people already have the Ferraris, the Lamborghinis, the Veyrons, etc.

I know Jay Leno really wants an LFA in his garage, for example. He already has a kickass collection of supercars, it's not like this will be the first and only supercar he buys.

As far as the show I think this is a no brainer that the M3 will trounce the ISF. I don't think I've ever seen a single comparison where the M3 has lost. Hell, even a Japanese comparo where you'd think the ISF would get "home cooking" had the M3 clearly on top.

ISF is comparable in a straight line but not on the curves. Plain and simple. M3 > ISF
Appreciate 0