Thread: M3 vs. STi
View Single Post
      09-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

M3 drives like a fat car?? I am afraid you indeed are a troll.

An 8400 rpm redline and piston speeds approaching F1 racing cars cannot be had in your STI. Everytime I hear an STI with or without that big fart can, the boxer engine sounds just about the worst thing south of the ricer clan.

For some objective view, compare professionally tested lap times and they simply are not even in the same league on any level.

To start off, Lightning lap of 2008 chart

#21 - BMW E92 M3 3:05.6
#48 - Subaru WRX STI 3:19

I agree with the M3 guys, "M3 does everything well" so much so that the old E46 M3 was the Japanese JDM Spec C STI benchmark for development according to the chief engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOL View Post
eh..
"take away the leather interior"- while the interior is much better on the bmw, they both have leather
"Sports seats"- the seats are not more sport oriented in the m3, better yes, but not more sport oriented
"414HP NA V8"- 415 can be had in an sti for about $600, but the 300+ wtq at 3000 rpm cannot be had in the m3 for any price.
"carbon roof"- yeah, its cool
"EDC suspension"- whtvr, im in sport at all times
"DCT transmission"- NOT i plus imo
"and the ability to program all that to "M Mode"- there is the si drive in the subie that is similar, only controls the engine mapping though.
"and you almost have a Subaru"- so take the do-hickeys, but leave the performance?

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 09-07-2010 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0