09-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #150
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I lived in Ohio and New York for 5 years. What I noticed that is different up there is that their normal highways get ALOT of attention mainly because of the harsh weather. The roads in the northeast, when not riddled with potholes, are much smoother and generally better because they are kept nice every year or two.

Down in the south, they make a road and don't touch it again for he next 10 years. And they make them thin since we have no weather to deal with really. So over time they become warped and gets waves and micro-bumps from the ground shifting beneath.
You've got to be kidding me. This really only applies to the interstates in rural/suburban neighborhoods far from any major East coast cities. And even then, those interstates are under construction 90% of the spring/summer/fall.

And then you get to the regional city highways - a trip across the Cross Bronx Expresway will make you realize west coast/southern highways are absolute bliss in comparison. Driving in NYC for example is like trying to navigate a tank through a minefield - you're bound to hit a pothole, and it's going to hurt.
Appreciate 0