View Single Post
      08-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Great post. Several months ago, I was in the exact same position as you. I had initially expanded the search to a few additional cars, but ultimately narrowed it down to the S4 and M3. I was impressed by the S4, and agree with many of your comments. Overall, however, the S4 just didn't connect with me the way the M3 did. After test driving the S4, I really wanted to like it more than I did...I just didn't leave the dealership with the "WOW" feeling I had hoped for. It's a great car and anyone that has one should be happy. HOWEVER, when I drove the M3 I was absolutely blown away by how much fun it was to drive. I felt very connected to the car and the overall performance was unbelievable. I basically left the BMW dealership feeling that I HAD to have the M3. The S4 didn't give me the same feeling. Although the M3 is about $20K more than the M3 (at least the way I optioned it out)...I felt the price was justified b/c if I got the S4, I would always be skeptical of what I would have missed from the M3.

Note: I ordered the M3 coupe...didn't drive the M3 sedan.
Appreciate 0