View Single Post
      06-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
Koni
Rep
Drives: F10 535xd 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincmo View Post
I might get flamed for this but...Here we go!

Does a car needs to be fat to look expensive? I mean, looking at what we are doing to the environment...Isn't it time that high end car companies like BMW shows the way by building smaller, lighter, greener cars? BMWs are getting bigger generations after generations...Am I in the minority to think that luxury and comfort doesn't necessarily equals bigger? And to me, sportiness definitely not equals bigger...I understand on a marketing standpoint that a 5 needs to be bigger than a 3, a 7 bigger than a 5 and so forth...But the 3 is getting so big that the 6 now just looks plain fat! Again, just an opinion...I'm still a big fan of BMW cars...I just wished sometimes that the company could lead by example by reducing size/weight of their cars...Be innovative...Be greener! BMW is already achieving great things by enlarging their cars, bringing up the power and keeping basically the same fuel consumption...Imagine if they reduced the size of it...It could mean great weight/fuel economy.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post! I'd like to hear your opinion on that matter!
Canada. Everything clear!
Appreciate 0