MentholGuy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3

Hello Guys,

Let me join this thread to boost it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I'm totally interested. Looks like the MentholGuy kit is more nifty and OEM looking than Alek's, but I can do either one. Let me know.
Not only the camera, our module will allow you to switch screen from stock to AV inputs by press and hold iDrive controller "MENU" button for 2 seconds and/or press and hold "DOWN ARROW" on your steering wheel.

However I don't recommend to use down arrow on your steering wheel, because if you press and hold too long, it will also switch your radio station and/or fast foward CD playing.

Our module keeps 2 way control functions (MENU and/or Down Arrow) on newer models (2009+),
while others only keep one control function - Down Arrow.

Also, there are few minor changes on late 09 and 2010~ models, and we developed new Plug and Play kit which will work on newer models, it means our PnP kit will work with both old and new models which has new type connectors, while other vendor claims their PnP kit won't work with every model.

Did I also mention that every our kit comes with PnP kit, not by customers request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
well ive looked it over and i was only looking for media access, and since this doesnt have iphone 3.0 support, im out.
You got it wrong, module works with iPod/iPhone firmware ver3.0+,
Only the cable we are selling on our web store doesn't support firmware ver3.0+
Apple blocked 3rd party Composite AV Cable support after they released firmware ver3.0,
So if you have and want to connect iPhone/iPod with firmware ver3.0+ then you can still connect it to module via composite AV cable, but in this case, you need to get an official apple composite AV cable from apple store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
No, it's basically the same interface that turns on the camera when you are on reverse, and also allows you to watch video with a different source input. You are really paying the extra to have the OEM integrated looking camera and not having to modify any part of your car.
If this is the one you guys are talking, then it's not same interface.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23576

That's the old version which doesn't support split screen,
Our module is the newest one, and you can have split screen with our module

Last edited by MentholGuy; 01-21-2010 at 05:48 AM..
Appreciate 0