11-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
Why would they? Spacers aren't the "right equipment" for any vehicle. They are "gizmos" a few enthusiast-type people add on for aesthetic reasons only. They serve no useful purpose other than the above, except perhaps to allow a wheel that was never intended for a particular car to fit.

You don't see OEM spacers, and they are only available aftermarket from vendors who come and go. They can't keep up with that any more than they can keep up with the proper fitment of wheels from the newest wheel company in Miami.

I'm not dissing them, I'm running 12mm spacers all the way around on my OEM 19s as well.
Point taken but, given they are professonals, they should still be able to tell me if the spacers will work or if I'm going to have problems w/them from a technical perspective, right? For example, "Sorry, this spacer won't work because it's not sitting flush with the hub" or "Sorry, the bolts supplied by you are too short/too long".

Anyways, doesn't matter. All this is irrelevant because why would they waste their resources on installing spacers, as was previously discussed...
I'm just saying, that's all.
Appreciate 0