10-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #176
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
lol - i think that must be a typo - probably meant only worth 30% of the original value!

I know here you could buy a brand new CTS (not certain about the V) off the lot with about a 30% discount a few years ago - too many on the lot I think was the issue - so more than likely the V wouldnt fit that category, although I am sure that hurt the resale
No, you can't compare the V pricing to the base CTS (with a std. V6) anymore than you can compare the M to the 328. The V is fairly limited production, much like the ZR1 and Z06 are to the std. C6.

None of us can know how the V will fare in resale value 4 years down the road, but there is no comparison between this version and the previous model. GM put a lot of effort and money into major engineering and parts upgrades. The suspension, brakes and drivetrain are all significantly upgraded and more expensive.

It deserves to be called a world-class sedan, because it is, but it does suffer from the GM stigma (unfairly). GM is building a number of world-class vehicles now.