View Single Post
      10-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #165
the///Mthree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post

Here is my take. In all categories within "like driver" comparison the V wins. Did Lutz lose to the kid in the M3?, yes. Is the kid in the M3 an amateur? I'm not sure, but he has skills for sure. Everyone gave him credit and he deserved it. I asked him several times what he does, where he's raced, what schools he's been to etc. etc. He was very tight lipped, like a sandbagger, ringer. His dad and little brothers on the other hand revealed that he races a lot and goes to race camps every summer. In my opinion he's somewhere above an accomplished amateur and somewhere below a pro. Which happens to be right where he finished. Give him credit for sure, but don't be fooled that he's just a 21 year old kid with a nice car. It was revealed he also had a Z06 in the past and there was a Porshe and maybe some other cars in the family stable as well.

[/I]
I can give you guys my take on this. I am a shy kid period, but when it comes to me and the steering wheel watch out. As for "attending race camps every summer" I did the skip barber 3 day course last summer and then the 2 day course at the end of the summer/fall. Other than that Ive ran 2 skip barber races and tracked my previous z06 twice, Had never been on the track in the M3.
Appreciate 0