View Single Post
      12-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #8
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49
The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to make the call..
just do it (hope nike dont mind). Anyway, I can tell you, I have been living in a cave for 10 yrs. no tv and don't miss it at all. As for a phone line and internet, this is what I just discovered. Go to this site, att.com, and read about the different option you get. I got att dsl (hey, not the fastest but better then modem) for $14.99/month. You can upgrade your att dsl to 19.99 or 24.99 for faster connection (up to you but 14.99 works for me). Now as far as phone, of course you will need a phone line to your house for dsl. Why not get a att metered line which costs $5.95 a month. There are some rules you must read about a metered line (you only get to use your phone 25 times a month and if you go over the 25 calls, they charge your certain amout of $ for every minutes after the 25th call. Talk to them to get more detail. But dude, my phone bill and internet bill per month is like $25 (that is with tax). Can beat that. The only thing I think you will bark on is the initial activation and the wireless modem fee (these are one time fee). Wireless modem is like 79.99 + 12.95 for s/h. Activation fee was like $20 for me. But I get a one time discount $49.99 for the wireless modem so not that bad. Go read on it and re-evaluate your need for cable and internet.

Also, my phone option does not allow me to do long distance call, in fact I told att to disable long distance on my home phone (I just use my cell phone to call long distance-within 50 states).