View Single Post
      09-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #41
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
I donīt know about the ZR1, but I do own several American as well as Japanese and European cars. None of these is older than 2006. I havenīt "heard" on any written serious review or publication that the American cars I own are crap, but I can tell you first hand without any doubt, THEY ARE MOST CERTAINLY CRAP! Problem could be that these guys that test drive them donīt own them or drive them for more than perhaps a few days, but they are plagued with malfunctions all the dame time to the extent that I very much regret buying American after I had abandoned them many, many years ago for the same reasons. Unfortunately my experience is not over one brand or one car, it is the same in all two brands and three cars. Coincidence? I honestly donīt think so. I bought American again because I thought after sooooo many years the "rumors" must be wrong and the surely must have improved. After all, how difficult can it be to make a good car. Well, low and behold!!! For these guys it is very, very difficult!!! Now, one thing is for sure, the ride on one of them is GREAT and they are literally CHEAP cars. That is, the cost relatively nothing compared to their Euro or even Japanese counterparts and for the $$$ provide seemingly great value until all the malfunctions begin. They deserve to be entirely bankrupt! Christ!!!!! I would NOT trust American as far as I can toss a rock. Too bad, I honestly have given them every opportunity to prove me wrong! ZR1? Good looking outside, typical crap interior, drives great, will probably malfunction all over the place in time!!

My experience is quite different. I own three corvettes. A 67, a 2006 Z06, and 2009 ZR1. My 06 I have owned for just about four years now and it has never been to the dealer ONCE (knock on wood). I have all the maintenance done at a local shop I use and it runs like a champ. Corvettes may have shitty interiors but I can guarantee that they don't have as many "bugs" as some german cars.
Appreciate 0