09-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #31
Dr.G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not enough room!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
I own both a ZR1 and an RS so ill shed some light. If you plan on driving this car more than twice a week go ZR1. It is very very comfortable and yet still a fantastic performing machine. The RS is a fantastic car. Very tight and the driving experience is second to none but there is a price for all that. COMFORT. It rides so rough and the clutch is so hard that it really become unpleasant if you arent on the freeway or on some fun backroads. The ZR1 on the other hand is extremely liveable. The ZR1 has so much low end torque its easy to keep the revs low and blow around town. You really have to run the RS up to get any power out of it. At the end of the day it all depends on what your going to do with the car. If your not going to drive it around town much go RS. If you plan on driving it to work and around town go ZR1.
the clutch pedal on the GT3 is indeed VERY STIFF, i had leg cramps after a short stint. The ZR1 i've only ridden in and its safe to say it is seriously underestimated.

I've also grown sick of people saying american cars can't handle. There are 3 major american automobile manufacturers and all 3 of them have track stars ... i mean ferrari/gtr/gt3/gt2/m3/lambo/maserati destroyers ...

ford gt Sooooft clutch and gear changes it can really be a DD ;p
viper / viper acr
chevy zo6/zr1
the nurburgring times back this up

even some down the line models still take it to the curve pretty well

ford focus rs <<< THIS ONE IS AMAZING
cobalt ss - everything is superb on this car except the styling
mustang gt the latest handles very well with the track pack
dodge challenger? nah -- im pushing it here

Gotta run, im on call, please add on to this

cheers
Appreciate 0