View Single Post
      07-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #34
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

My Review- thanks Kmarei for the message asking for info.

I went with 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rears.

My feedback is

Aesthetics
Overall look is more low profile (both F&R). I like this anyway as I always thought the PS2 sidewalls were a bit too dragster. For me the style is a little different to the Cups that I had before but I really like the look and the sidewall design particularly. The look is probably the thing that divides opinion most but I reckon they are really in keeping with the car and ccertainly don't take away from it. The inconsistent design across the contact patch doesn't give as wide a look as other tires. Sounds like a negative especially when you're thinking about what to buy and it was on my mind before I bought them myself but once they were on that didn't bother me in the slightest.

Driving
I just did a couple of days in the Isle Of Man last month, they have no speed limits there outside of the towns (sounds good I know !) so have had a real good chance to try them out. My feedback if therefore in part based on that. highlights are:

Steering feel is a little lighter than PS2.

Despite this the vagueness that you get with the PS on initial turn in before the steering weights up is absent. The steering is neutral through a full turn.

Front end grip is equal to the PS2 in road driving.

I would say that rear grip is actually better than the PS, again for road driving. For example in a 2nd gear hairpin the rears hook up earlier and with less traction control interference.

Watch out for the rubber beads / threads that come from the tire mould. These take a couple of hundred miles (maybe 250-300) to wear off on the fronts (maybe 100-150 on the rears) and until then the grip levels are way off. Same as on all tires of course but I thought it was more distinct on these and took longer to run in than any tire I've tried before.

Wet driving, sorry no idea as drive something else on bad days.

So that's basically it. I would say that these are best summarised as very high grip road tires, an excellent better value alternative to the PS2's(overpriced if you ask me). Given the thread pattern and wear rate they are also likely to last 2-3 times as long as the PS2's.

Hope that helps.
Ken

Last edited by Ken37.73; 07-03-2009 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0