05-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
Hows the resonance in low rpms. From say 1.5 to 3K, does it hum thru it everytime you rev thru this range?
Minimal. I would say its just a tad more than the stock exhaust system. But believe me, there is much more to gain that this if minimal drone is a big issue. The car has become more torquier in the mid range and on WOT, I can actually feel the car squat and launch into hyperspace. There is a very connected feeling with the engine because you feel that the car can breathe so much easier as you rip thru the RPM. I feel I have to shift faster now and adjust because the time it requires to hit 8k rpm has drastically reduced. Even with normal driving for that matter. Its as though the car has another 1000cc now. I dare say that based on butt feel, the claims by Akrapovic is abt spot on. I am going to get a dyno done soon. My car has been tuned and my tuner has increased the threshold of the O2 sensors. So far for the last 3 days, no CEL at all. When he pass by again, he will fine tune it on road with me.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0