View Single Post
      02-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #66
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Damn, I didn't know I was such a complete idiot.
I've got a box of Dinan springs sitting in my garage scheduled for installation in 3 weeks. At the time I ordered it (15% rebate) I didn't mind paying a few hundred extra for something that I know works with my EDC, will still work with my warranty, and that I have confidence in the R/D that went into, which includes bump stops, and a different mounting design that does not reduce the suspension travel, but in fact increase it. Seemed like what I wanted, but apparently I need to rethink my whole auto industry interaction strategy.
And then I go and find out exactly how much it will be to install and I thought, "that's cool, flat price, no wiggle room, they can't give me some story about it taking longer than they thought because the alignment had to be done again (that's right, alignment included, not to mention a loaner car for 2 days). But apparently, I'm the victim of a vast con being perpitrated on an unsuspecting BMW community. And here I thought a nice subtle 1/2 inch drop would look nicer than a complete slam that every time I see I think to myself, "what a dumb-ass".
Guess I need to rethink what I want for my car based on other peoples opinions.
Or maybe not. When it's all said and done, I know something similiar can be done for a few hundred less, but it's not worth it to me to spend the time it would take to research which would work best for me. This is what I want, for several reasons, some mentioned above, and a few hundred dollars isn't going effect my solvency. It it did, I shouldn't have a $70k and shouldn't be adding unnecessary toys to it in the first place. So all you that are getting you panties in a wad about this, we will let you off the hook and not force you to do it too.
Appreciate 0