01-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #77
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
Honestly, I am more interested in threads here dealing with THE M3 itself than homeless people but I could not resist...
I deal with homeless people on a daily base, i repair or place their dialysis access, care for their vasculopath legs etc. Some of them are surprisingly well educated, read a lot and knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable with them in a hospital setting, but I have to admit I would be scared in a situation OP has cited. (Not because of the possibility of HIV transmission, which is very low even if you get contact with blood.)
What is more interesting is to see all the emotions in certain responses on this thread. There are lots of people here - like myself - who started from a "low income" status. But I do not feel angry or frustrated with people (kids) who are luckier than me. (I should be frustrated with my own sons then, however I will not buy them an M3 for sure, - I haven't even bought it for myself yet.)
Anyway there are lots of vertical and some horizontal frustration in our society especially current time but this is not the primary forum for it.
I can say for certain that jealously has nothing to do with my frustrations. It's the lack of compassion and the ingrained mindset some people have that they are entitled to everything and can step over anyone to get it is what pisses me off. I get angry because I actually lived being homeless and I got to know many of these people. Some of them just have no hope and in many ways, it's not their fault directly. The OP hit a soft spot on me and I usually try to stay reserved on any forum but I felt an overwhelmingly need to speak up. The thing is, the most successful people I know are some of the kindest and most humble. The OP is OBVIOUSLY a spoiled kid. Call it lucky, call it fortunate or whatever you want... But a spade is a spade... Unfortunately.

Appreciate 0