View Single Post
      01-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #56
M3 996
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
M3 996 It doesn't sound like you track the car often/at all, but I would be interested to hear some impressions on the oversteer/understeer balance of the car. In speaking with Dinan, all they would say is that it maintains stock/better than driving dynamics. Just from calculations(has been discussed at length is a previous thread), most other systems do not have the proper spring rates to maintain the minimal ammount of understeer with the OEM set-up.

It's amazing how many painfully uninformed opinions there are out there. Just because it looks expensive on paper does not necessarily make it so. Consider that just [u]one[/b] EDC shock will run you $650.00 without install. If it starts leaking, the dealer will laugh you out of the bulding and kindly charge you for it.

Also understand that you can buy some fixed camber plates to install along with the springs to fine-tune your handling even more.

There is much R&D that goes into making a solid product. I'm not marching to the beat of Dinan, but sounds like many here are uninformed "experts."
Bogdan,

I had the springs installed just as the weather started the transtion to a Chicago winter, so no track impressions are possible in the near future.

I would say that the handling characteristics are very similar to better than stock. I am a very happy customer.
Appreciate 0