View Single Post
      05-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #22
Stew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finssidedown View Post
Cal States are more like 7-8 a year. There are a LOT of things you have to worry about besides actual tuition. Like others have said, there is housing, books, and then food, gas money, parking permits, gym membership, club fees, it all adds up.

Whoever was telling you that 30k is the norm.. it is for prestigous private schools. CA public universities (UCLA, UCI, UC Berkley) are around 25k a year.

Curious, is CIA a 2 year program?

jzhang1013: When was the last time you check on those numbers? My friends that go to UC's are on semesters... and they pay well over 13k for an academic yearand I'm not sure about UC's but Cal State dorms are 9k a year.

I'll be paying 1k a month for a 12 month housing contract for the on campus apartments this next academic year.

Do your research rdkind62! Not just off US news (good for numbers) but blogs from students and alum. You student will thank you for it.
Ya I was thinking of tiution only for the cal state there...

All UC's are on a quarter system, the only UC that is on a semester system is Bezerkely. The reason is that a shorter quarter system is supposed to be better for the learning process. After about 10 weeks the learning curver plataues, adn students stop learning new stuff. So a class that lasts 10 weeks and then has its finals should have students who are learning the whole time, as opposed to the semester system where students stop learning and kind of stagnate for a few weeks before the final.

I went to both a quarter and semester system, and they are both fine, quarter system is super fast, where semester you can take your time a little...then again if you are stuck with a bad professor in the semester system you get him for a lot longer!
Appreciate 0