01-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #26
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor She Wrote View Post
As a former owner of a 350Z, I'd have to say the 2010 Camaro SS is a better value than the 370Z. I'll take the 420HP LS3 that can make 500+ WHP naturally (and fairly cheaply) over the 330HP VQ that needs a turbo to get near 400 WHP.
Does 'value vs performance' or in American 'Bang for your buck' not include the quality of the product as well. If true then how in the hell can you consider the Camaro against the 370z?

Seriously, either quality, fit & finish, handling, feel good factor, in fact everything which separates the Nissan from the Camaro means very little to you. I love coming to America for my holidays but I do laugh at the quality of the hire cars (even the good ones), the finish and build quality is closer to what we were use to in the 80s and is nothing to be proud of.

Don't get me wrong, the US is a great place with many a thing we are all grateful for but the majority of their cars is not one of them. With the possible exceptions (Z06 & ZR1) the rest give you cheap and cheerful 'bang of your buck' but without the sophistication or finesse that comes from European or Japan.

Though they are improving but will their be a car industry left by the time that happens.
Appreciate 0