12-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #33
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Seriously - jealous/swirl marks in a years time - is that called for? Like any colour its how you look after it (and yes I know some are harder to look after than others)

Bobbyz - congrats to you, your brother and brother in law Wish I had that kind of M spirit in my family!!
I dont mean it in any rude way, but its known that the 3 basic (non-metallic colors, including aw) are more prone to swirls and once you have them are impossible to remove. The paint method is different.. His brother in laws Jerez Black is going to swirl too, the difference is that when he compounds n waxes the Jerez black, it will come out nearly perfect, nearly brand new without almost any swirls. But the Jet black, will come out looking shiny, but under light will show all the swirls no matter what compound or wax you use...you'll see! I used to be a detailer for high end cars, trust me on this!!!

My buddy has a 325i (jet black) and after 2 months of taking really good care of it, including waxing it at least once a month. never going through car washes and you should see how swirled up his car was after 2 months! and I tried all my best products and nothing took out the major swirls!

Only time will tell

M Spirit in the fam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
Ah, thats ok.
Fact of the matter is that I never take my car to a carwash and will get it detailed each spring and I'm not worried. I had a black 1994 Porsche 968 that I drove every winter and was able to keep looking like a mirror. In my experience with cars, if an colour shows swirls close to as much as black, its dark blue anyway. Slammed and my brother will never see a swirl mark...same goes for silverstoneII. Cant beat a clean, detalied black car though.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0