Thread: 370z
View Single Post
      11-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #69
rouxeny
Living the aloha
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I've owned my 350Z since 2003 and I think it compares well to my new M3. Yes, the M3 is clearly far more refined. The engine is infintely smoother, the materials inside are way better. I am sure the M3 is faster on both the track and in a straight line. Obviously a better car in almost every way.

However, I still really like my 350Z. It's far simpler than the M3. You get in, turn the key, shift into first and go. With the M3, I have to remember not to put the key in before I close the door, or until after I put on my seatbelt, or the car loudly reminds me. I push the start button, fold out the mirrors, push the DCT to the right, adjust shift speed. I like all the technology present in the car, and I think as I get more used to it, it will all seem more instinctive, but it's different. Overall, I think my 350Z still offers a lot of smiles per mile, I like the exhaust snarl and the car still has more than enough power to get you into trouble very quickly. The suspension holds out on the street and I still get looks, although maybe because I have a dent in my bumper.

I'm not so sure I like the looks of the new Z, it's really angular in a way the 350 is not. I'm sure it'll be faster, hopefully ligher, and hopefully with nicer cockpit material.

Will it compare to a new M3. No, no way. One car costs essentially twice as much. It's not a fair comparison. Will it compare to a 335, probably. Either way, a great car.

I had planned on selling my 350Z after buying the M3, now I'm not so sure. I'm not sure I can own 3 cars again though....
Appreciate 0