11-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #38
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

PS3 (I have both, but mostly play PS3.)

It's a better machine overall...
-Blu-Ray: their movies/quality is significantly better... BUT with Sony can pack up to 50gigs per blu-ray disc, so PS3 games can have a significant amount MORE data/gameplay per disc.

-Aside from blu-ray movies, it also reads USB drives, and plays divx files. So you can download stuff online, transfer it via USB drive to your PS3 and watch it on tv. (Great if you download a lot of tv/movies/etc..)

-Free online play... it's a bit of a trade off. Xbox has the superior online interface and all, but you have to pay for it. So in a year, or whatever when the new system excitement has worn off, and you only play once a week or even once a month, you're probably not going to be paying for xbox live anymore. Where as a PS3, you can always just pick it up and play online without having to worry about maintaining any subscriptions.

*I'd say go with an xbox if you don't own a computer, or have never played computer games... cause that's who it's for IMO. Most of Xbox's big games are FPS, or FPS related and playing games like that with a controller is like a monkey fucking a football. (Same is true for PS3's shitty fps as well... FPS and similar games are not meant for consoles, but most people don't have good computers, or any experience playing games on them, so they don't know any better.)