View Single Post
      09-09-2008, 12:46 AM   #67
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinDelanoBluth View Post
First we have accusations of naivety on my part and then 'even you should be able to figure that out?' You sound like a poorly educated teenager. Also, for the record, superchargers are included in the forced induction category.

"Translation: we want to keep the profits for ourselves," is extremely negative and quite frankly so redundant and stupid I cannot believe I'm writing this message as it clearly isn't worth getting into any sort of a discussion with you. The M3 may have a larger tuning market but that does not necessarily correlate into quality aftermarket products. That is a completely off topic discussion that has no place in this thread. Later down the line feel free to write about the tuning kits you purchase from one of the companies you've mentioned, unfortunately I haven't heard of them.
That is cute, now you are nitpicking. Would forced induction encompass turbos and nitrous? I suppose those would be separate from a supercharger, and hence I wrote forced induction to cover them instead of spelling each one out separately for you. If that is how you want to play, game on.

It is not stupid and redundant at all, it is a smart business move. Since when is protecting ones assets stupid? It is frustrating for the true enthusiasts on here who would like to know all the details.

What is clear is that you have no understanding of the aftermarket or development history. A crash course in the E46 M3 is in order before you start talking about the E92 and stroker development.

You contradict yourself, when does production volume equate to quality in the BMW aftermarket? At least you are able to admit the M3 has the larger aftermarket. The M5 has had its share of failed aftermarket ventures even with a production volume that could be counted on one hand (ever heard of RMS?).

I am not surprised you have not heard of any of those companies, you don't know what you are talking about and you clearly do not have the knowledge necessary to continue a discussion on the aftermarket and future development.
Appreciate 0