View Single Post
      09-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #17
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Guys, don't know if this helps but when the 335is first came out they were all showing about 15000 for the first oil change (obviously no break in service for those cars) and many discussed over an over how there is no way a turboed car running at 250 degrees should go 15k miles between oil changes.

I think that same disbelief is probably applicable for the S65, especially for those who drive her in a more "spirited" manner. I think for those who lease, they don't care about long term effects, for those of us who own, I think even with a good synthetic, you are better off every 7500 at most.

The other items that are serviced (fluids and filters) at the recommended intervals I think are fine to be left to those intervals but for oil, I would not wait, just as I didn't on my e92 335i for 15k to pass by.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0