View Single Post
      07-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

track report - e92 at Buttonwillow Raceway

track report - e92 at Buttonwillow

I went to Buttonwillow and it was hot…. 105 degrees. this was my first time tracking the e92 so I ran with MDM on and was pretty conservative. MDM starting kicking in towards the end of the day as I pushed more - it sure is a HUGE improvement over the e46 traction control. otherwise the car was awesome and no brake issues , no brake fade, although the brake pedal felt a tiny bit soft after the last run however I came off the track hot to get tire temps so that probably didn’t help. oil temp hit about 255 ( on Friday I heard a DCT car went into limp home overheat- also more DCT downshift issues) . The BFG tires were awesome and the tire temps were very consistent , within 10 degrees across the tire.

I ran EDC in normal. The e92 handles way better than the e46 stock for stock IMO. the e92 feel lighter and leans less. through the bus stop turns the e46 would wallow and lean. the e92 just carves it up. the torque is awesome and the high rpm saves shifting and hitting redline in a few places. had fun playing with a GT3 which seemed to be the only car out there to present much of a challenge.