02-25-2022, 08:00 AM   #216
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Not an enthusiast car, but certainly loved by the general public, any and all Subaru's. I just do not like the brand what so ever. Never owned one and I'm honestly not sure what brewed my dislike for them so strong compared to other brands, but I do not understand why they are so successful and loved. Mazda deserves the love and success they have.
Subaru's are mediocre vehicles that have benefitted from a cult following in the USA. They aren't terrible (the Outback is by far their best vehicle and it kind of has its own niche) but I just don't understand why Americans (by far their biggest market) love them so much as they have nothing close to best in class, their tech is always a generation behind, their engines are terrible, and they have surpassed Nissan as the CVT brand. Europeans don't like them and even in Canada where you think they would do really well, they are an also-ran brand, yet Americans just love them. It's one of those weird things in the automobile world that I have never understood.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9704.00