bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
the ps3 is as better console imo but more people have the 360, it has killer online play, and there are more exclusives (metal gear and GT 5 are ps3 only and are crazy games tho)
gotta disagree with you there. Off the top of my head the key exclusives the 360 has are (feel free to add more). * indicates titles in development:

Ninja Gaiden 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars*
Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Gears of War 1(though Gears3 will be on the PS3)
Gears of War 2*
Project Gotham Racing
Forza 3*
Star Ocean 4*
Fable II

On the PS3:

God of War 3*
Final Fantasy 13*
Final Fantasy 13 Versus*
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5*
MLB: The Show (hands down the best baseball game available)
Uncharted
MotorStorm 2*
Little Big Planet*
Formula 1
Resistance Fall of Man 1
Resistance Fall of Man 2*
Ratchet and Clank
Killzone 2*
an exclusive, yet unnamed, from RockStar* -- makers of GTA

Gotta give MS credit for stepping up to the plate and going after the Japanese RPGs, though the crown jewel -- and real moneymaker -- amongst JRPGs is still a PS3 exclusive. Sony seems to be making a move, probably by motivated profits from microtransactions, towards MMORPGs (The Agency*, and others from Square Enix* and BioWare* in development).

2007 was one of the best years in video gaming, and some of the best titles, Bioshock (no longer exclusive) and Mass Effect were on the 360. The best game of the year, Call of Duty 4 was on both consoles, and the better version was the one on the PS3 (same in terms of content, but the PS3 version had the graphical edge). Even with Grand Theft Auto 4, despite the PS3 version running at a lower resolution, had better shading and lighting techniques that made it the better looking game. It also suffered from less pop-in issues, as the install file accommodated faster loading in-game.

Man my posts on this are getting a bit too lengthy. I'm not the kinda guy that will just throw $70 down on a game and buy it without taking some time to research my purchase. It's the same reason I joined the forums.....research the car I want to buy thoroughly before buying it.

edit - here's a link to a quite thorough list of PS3 exclusives that have been made, are in development, or slated as future projects. also shows some 360 exlusives that made their way to PS3 and vice versa.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=86124

Last edited by bling_singh; 06-18-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0