View Single Post
      06-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #19
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
I would if the quality & fitment is great.

Slightly off-topic...Back then when I had an e46 M3, the ACS cf front lip was going for $2k + cost of painted top portion while a good rep cost $300-$400 (including painting top portion oem color). I ended up getting the rep & at the next local M3 meet another owner had the real deal ACS front lip. Needless to say, we both couldn't tell the difference besides me not having the ACS sticker. Anyway, my point is that some reps can look & fit great if done right.

PS: Many (read: non-supercars) oem front bumpers cost anywhere from $200 (Honda's, Toyota's, etc.) to $1500 (AMG, etc.) so it's not like $500 is dirt cheap but then again I probably have that view b/c I'm no balla like some of you.

well.... is the one your talking about 100% fiberglass... if so.. thats why its so cheap... FRP is a much better material.... front lips are a lil dif then whole bumpers.... ive ran rep front lips...

but if it looks good and fits good.. then like u said... its good to go..... but with body parts..... you usually get what u pay for...
Appreciate 0