04-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #21
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
My g/f reads the personals for fun, and she reports that lately a lot of "woman seeking man" ads mention the game in the negative. One woman specifically wrote: "Must not play WoW." I can't believe guys are losing chicks over a computer game!
It is pretty ridiculous when you think about it.. But then you realize that in a relationship, 90% of the time you 'have' to do what a woman wants to do because that is how they operate. God forbid they have to participate in something you want to do. This doesn't apply to WoW alone either, you could want to go play some sports that women can participate in, go bike riding, ACTUALLY DO SHIT and they don't want to participate. Then when you become detached from the relationship by playing video games a good majority of the time, because your girlfriend/wife doesn't want to do anything, they get pissed off and blame it all on you. Women don't want to participate/collaborate in a relationship, they want to control everything and feel in control. They want YOU to participate when they want to go shopping, to a concert, dancing, etc.. but when you want THEM to participate in something, they feel that there is no reason for them to.

I think guys could care less.. WoW > Chicks when you account for the problems you have to deal with in a relationship. Women should have to pay a tax before entering a relationship, because they bring too much baggage to the table. In a few more years I think we will be seeing the male population putting a strain on women to change their ways. I think we will see more guys screening for gold diggers, women with emotional problems, spending problems, cheating and etc.. Men will actually start wanting to meet a womans family before entering a serious relationship with them, to use them as a reference point of how she actually is, instead of going on the front they put up. Overall, women are more trouble than they are worth.. The cons significantly outweigh the gains in having a relationship nowadays, there is more emotional tension than 'happy comfort feeling'. (Yes i made that phrase up)
Women just need to chill the fuck out.

Played WoW for a while before BC, became bored and quit. Played for a while right when BC came out, became bored and quit. Played a couple of months ago for 2-3 weeks because my friends talked me into it, became bored and quit again. Haven't played since and I have no urge to play.

The game was a lot more fun when there was a large gap between the rich and poor, now getting epics is like buying something out of a vending machine. Everyone has them and there really isn't a class distinction, which makes the game less fun because there isn't anything to strive for. IMO, WoW reached it's peak right before BC came out and has gone downhill since.

Now I spend a lot of my time outside playing sports and hanging out with friends.

-Nathan

Last edited by Expired; 04-24-2008 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0