EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianoak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
This is in no means meant to be condescending but out of curiosity, why have such a high performance car you can't enjoy? Not that I'm condoning recklessness or racing on the street but if I couldn't enjoy the M as it was intended I'd probably just get a different car. Again, question is purely curiosity not being a smart ass

I have PSS on mine and are happy. But don't shy away from the Firestone firehawks. My buddy put them on his boxster S as he was in a pinch and he loves them. Reviews have all been great as well.
Well I knew I'd get this question sooner or later based on my original post. Honestly, growing up I did attend track days and have always planned to start going again. But due to family issues I had to relocate to where I am now.

I also understand the argument of just getting the best possible tires since they'll help in just about all driving conditions. However, there are trade offs involved with all tires. It could be how quickly they wear, wet handling versus dry, cold versus hot weather, noise, etc etc.

I'm also the type that would rather get dedicated wheels and tires for when I do track the car than, along with swapping out pads, etc. So money isn't the issue, for me it's about useage.
Fair enough. Again, I don't NEED my M3 for what I use it for so I'm no different but I definitely push this car when an opportunity arises that's not reckless to anyone but myself.

I'd be looking at Conti DWS since you're worried about colder temps. Any quality all season really. Conti DWS were about to get installed on my E46 I had when I was in Charlotte due to the colder weather. And they're really affordable