View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #10
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
Depends on the supercharger kit. I am not sure about the harrop kit and AA kit. As for the ESS and VF kits, the smallest kit offered doesn't have an intercooler so I cannot think of any way to identify to identify if it had that kit.

Most cars get the larger kits (ie 595,620,625,650). These kits run an intercooler and you have to cut out and permanently remove some trim in the front of the car behind the front bumper around the oil cooler. There is vertical slats that get cut out. I will see if I can source a picture. That's the best thing to look for.

In my opinion, I wouldn't be worried if the car was previously supercharged as these motors have just as many failures N/A as the do supercharged. A good PPI should tell you everything you need to know. You could pay for a Blackstone report if you are paranoid that MAY pick up an internal engine issue.
Thank you for the reply, I’m little bit worried about the main bearings condition after a supercharger, from what I’ve read on here, most of main bearing Failures happen on a SC engines due to too much load on #1 main. As for the RB, I will get that replaced within first week of purchasing the car.
Appreciate 0