View Single Post
      07-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #38
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

Just did this on my personal car today.

You don't need to drop the car from the engine per say. Chances are you will want jack the engine as high as possible AND drop the subframe leaving just the front 2 bolts (by tierod) loosened. Then you can work with a pry bar while you get the mounts out and in. I used a second jack to jack the subframe back up to bolt in, but then realized it was light enough for me to just push with one arm.

It's actually a very easy motor mount service compared to other cars i've done. Been procrastinating on doing them. I've done a few e46 subframe/motormounts, honda motormounts etc. Took about 1.5 hours. Most of it was trying to get the top bolt off the mounts, I think the most difficult part. I had a shallow enough socket/ratchet but it wasn't long enough for me to get leverage.

Mine were completely flat. The new ones were a little under a inch taller!

If anyone was wondering

Furthest back Subframe bolt is a 16mm (2. 1 one each side)
The rest are 18mm (6. 3 one each side)

E36/E46/E9x M3 mounts are interchangeable. Some aftermarket ones are not as big as the factory ones, which are probably fine.

People should post up any aftermarket ones that are different size so we can see all the different variations!
Appreciate 1
Rajmun340413.00