03-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
england1987
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [7.50]
Day two was fantastic. We started the day off with a slalom to get us loosened up ready for the days events. We did highway speed braking. We started at 55mph then moved up in 5mph increments to 70mph. We went back onto the skidpad and spent move time with oversteer. We put the cars into sport mode and blipped the throttle to get the back end loose. Drifting is pointless, but great fun. We did a timed slalom course, which I won . We went "offroad" in X3s . We continued working on emergency lane changing, except today we did a double emergency lane change. In the space provided I managed to pull off 50mph three times, clipping a cone on the second run. 55mph is very hard to pull off. Then to finish off the day we got to drive a M3, M5, 650i and 760i around a circuit. That was awesome the M5 has some serious power. The M3 was the most fun through the slalom. the 650i sounds awesome a pulls like a mule, it handles really well (it was my favorite to drive). the 760i was hilarious, you can tell it is made for luxury. you enter a corner and turn, but nothing happens. the engine is sudate and you know why its the flagship. Emphasis on SHIP. It feels like a barge in corners. I can't wait to see the M6 if the 650i felt that stable.

I highly recommend this course to everyone. It teaches you a lot about vehicle dynamics and the instructors spend more time with you how to go the fastest through a corner. Next stop for me, M-school.
Appreciate 0