Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
http://www.petrolhead.nl/2008/01/video_audi_rs6.php

Dutch review. Here's a translation:

- sounds better than R8 and RS4
- he doesnt like wagons but respects this one
- good handling for weight of 2038 kg
- expensive, he thinks if you need that space you should buy Range Rover
- he thinks horsepower war will end and he cant imagine next RS6 will have 700bhp because of emissions. I would agree with this thought.
Well that is saying something, to sound like that a R8. It is one of the best sounding sportscars on the planet and for the RS6 to sound even better makes me sooooo want to hear it, with the M5/6 sounding so tinny the thought of a hairy chested super saloon is great to hear.

One thing that does surprise me is that Audi have got something weighing over 2000Kgs to handle at all but for them to make it this good and possible post a time similar to the M3 does say a lot for their engineering skills.

The Range Rover is a great car but I doubt anyone considering a RS6 would also consider a Range Rover, that's just silly.

I agree that this ever increasing horsepower war has to come to an end but unless all of them agree that chances of that happening is very slim. Of course the EU and the US might rule that no car can produce over as certain Co2 level and that would be the end of it.
Appreciate 0