01-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #20
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
I can't really understand what he said, cause I think his big toe is currently rubbed up against his voice box. It's not a link to a thread, but rather a link to JD Power and Associates, they do use real world facts, and they rated Cadillac to be more reliable and dependable than BMW. Facts are facts. Not saying I'd rather get the CTS-V, although it has seriously crossed my mind many times the past 2 weeks. It's OK to be a fan of one car, but ignorant to think that everything else on the road is not worthy of sharing the same asphalt.

*EDIT* And since I know you won't look up the FACTS yourself, here is the link. These aren't opinions. http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...bility-ratings
As I posted previsouly...Don't forget that the devil is in the details. Cadillac being slightly more reliable than BMW as a brand is absolutely not a model by model vindication of Caddy over BMW. It is however a big plus for Caddy as a brand to best BMW here.

Do look a couple links deeper into those same reports and you will find TERRIBLE reliability ratings for the flagship XLR Caddy. I think what would be most enlightening here is a comparison of 3 er vs. CTS or M3 vs. CTS-V. Now that would really tell us something much more important for the vast majority of us.
Appreciate 0