View Single Post
      01-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #73
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
Just because a car is a new model doesn't give the company the right to make it cost so much more money. It's not the 70s and 80s anymore, we as consumeres expect the next model to be better than the previous in every way and don't expect to pay anymore money for it. The C6 Corvette is better than the C5 in almost every way possible and is actually cheaper!
Well, the company has the right to price it however they want.

However, they will be forced to price it exactly where their target customers value it if they wish to meet sales goals. I suspect that will put it under 60k, but I could easily be wrong since I am just a layman throwing in an opinion, whereas BMW has teams of people with a very high level of marketing expertise.

Just remember, ultimately BMW doesn't care if E46 M3 buyers can afford the new M3 or even desire it. They just care if there are 100,000 people out there who can and do. Retaining as many past buyers as possible will certainly help but, even if some can no longer afford the car, they will have taken that all into account when building the business case.
Appreciate 0