12-28-2007, 02:55 AM   #11
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
easy swamp, I think everyone knows how the GTR and Z06 stack up. I just find it funny that despite all the edits you've done, you never thought those two should be added.
Well not only was your post factually incorrect (only cars bested by the M3 are on the list) but it again implies some fan boy-ism / bias on my behalf. Sure I like the bloody car (painfully obvious) but that does not mean I don't appreciate and praise other cars and still give BMW some flack now and again. Perhaps you could thank me for all the time spent gathering and adding to the list rather then griping? Yeah, I know, such work most often simply goes thankless and I don't need nor expect the thanks, I contribute there because I like to, it is interesting (expecially the spreads) and to give a bit to the community. But the lack of thanks vs. the direct complaints and criticisms will get me a bit riled up. I am definitely not the owner nor the only contributor to the list. The competititve landscape it represents is "the competition" in the eyes of those who have added and that is many members. Now you are included as well I see.

Lastly I still challenge you to name a car in the same size and class that is about the same price or less expensive than the consensus base price of the M3 ($60k +/- $2k) that "destroys" it. The GT-R is quite close in price if you get a loaded M3 and can get the GT-R for base price, but both of those are fairly important caveats. Also the Z06 with a large below MSRP discount might be a good call as well but most paid over or at MSRP on that car, so this too is a fairly large caveat. The base Corvette is a different story. On performance it absolutely belongs on the list, on price it does as well. However, being a somewhat lower fit/finish/interior/build quality and a true 2 seat sports car it doesn't. The R8 on the same calls does not really belong either, I just think most M3 shoppers would consider and R8 and vice versa long before a Corvette, just my reasonably educated guess/speculative opinion.

Either way you see these things post up as many cars and specs as you like and thanks in advance for contributing.
Appreciate 0