View Single Post
      08-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #77
dazz100
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90 2008

Hello

I am completing a front/rear PDC installation on my 2008 E90. Here are my contributions to this DIY.

There is an error in the BMW PDC Retrofit instructions. There are two table showing the pin-out for the connector on the front PDC wiring loom. There is a pin-out on page 22. The colour of the last wire (branch S20) is wrong.

Use the table of cable colour codes on page 9.

On a RHD car, the cable for the front PDC passes through the firewall on the right side below the brake fluid reservoir. There is a cable grommet there with spare nipples. Cut the end of one of the spare nipples to provide a cable route. Access is very very tight.

After routing the cables, fill the nipple with sealant. There are two reasons for doing this. It will stop water getting in. Small holes can let a lot of noise pass through so plugging the nipple will help keep engine noise out.

For cars built after 09/2007 the rear PDC loom includes two wires that are not used. (Blue and Blue/Brown). The instructions say to tie these back. One of these unused wires is quite long and would need to be hidden somewhere.

I cut the unused wires off where they met the rest of the loom and put heat shrink over the ends. Much tidier and easier to install.
Appreciate 0