GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
PC delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MArdor View Post
Does anyone know when the Performance Center would have the new M3? I would like to take delivery there and get some track time in the new beast before I drive mine home. I am number 5 on the list at my dealer and I am hoping to have my car by May...Thanks!
There is no additional cost for BMW PC delivery. They pay for it with the normal delivery charge. You just have to pay for your transportation to Spartanburg, South Carolina.

Most who have taken Performance Center delivery have given glowing reviews. The performance delivery includes a paid night at the local Marriott and dinner for you and a guest. Following day they cover your breakfast then shuttle you to the delivery center where you spend the day doing three things. 1. Tour of plant/museum 2. Mini-autox and playing around with similar car 3. Delivery of your car. The Vehcile Preparation Center is right there, so if there are any problem they can fix it on site. You do need to pay your dealer about a week before taking delivery, however.

Another advantage is you KNOW your delivery date well in advance. You ask for Performance center Delivery as early as Status 111. They accept the order, and recode it as a 9 to ensure that it gets to them in time. This happens about 56 days (8 weeks) before delivery. The the PC contacts your salesman with the earliest possible date, and then you accept that or request something later (to match with other life items, like work). Once you agree upon a date. THAT is your delivery date.

Just found this on BMW of North America site: http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...enter/delivery

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 11-30-2007 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0