12-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #12
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I have the rears and posted in another thread. Cliffs notes : I think they are fine if you want a marginal improvement but don't want to blow the kind of money it takes to make a significant upgrade to rear brakes. Te fronts are probably more worth it if you're wanting to retain the stock calipers or just don't want to blow the money, that's where you need better heat dissipation and their fronts actually lose a good amount of weight. The rears however were not significantly lighter on my scales, though the vane count is higher. Hard to say it's worth 20% more money over the stock ones in the rear but sometimes people just want an upgrade no matter how small and these get the job done and fitment and function are just fine so far.
For someone who tracks at least 4-5 times a year, I wonder if the ECS rotors will do. Its ridiculous how much it costs to replace rotors on our cars when brakes on cars like the C6 Z06 cost substantially less to replace.

Having priced up a set of OEM rotors, the best deal so far is $1,200 + shipping which is bananas to me.
Appreciate 0