Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
Second. I have been invited out to PIR to drive BMW new car offerings on Sept. 24! Hopefully I will get a chance to lap the new M3/M4........can't think of a better test drive!
This looks like the same event I went to last year. You can see my thread from back then.

It was tons of fun as I'm not a normal track guy. It was fun to drive the 6 and 7 series cars sort of hard. The track laps are follow the leader, not open track driving.

However, unless it's different than last year, they will not let you take any of the M cars on the track. They had a few M6s last year, but you could only drive them for the "autocross" event in the Parking Lot.

When asked why, they said "They have too much power, so our insurance doesn't cover them on the track.". Not sure that's true or if they just don't want people beating on the M cars. Either way for the event last year is was "No M cars on the track".

All in all, still a fun day and worth your time if you want to see/drive other cars.
Um. Well my whole reason was to drive the M3/4 and M235 on track. I was curious to see how the new cars compare to my current cars. I hope they allow me to drive otherwise I will have to just enjoy the free lunch.
Appreciate 0