View Single Post
      11-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #23
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
No, I never stated they were beating HS level teams. I said the the Tenn v. Bama game was like a HS level game.

Then again I don't see anyone complaining over nobody teams such as BC, UCONN, USF ranking as high as they are. Do any of those teams really hold a candle to the high caliber teams such as Florida, LSU, OSU or USC? I don't think so. Everyone just rides the "I hate OSU" bandwagon because they are consistently good.

And yes OSU got embarrassed last year. Was that because they were a bad team? Prolly not. Florida just came in completely prepared and executed a perfect football game, while OSU was flat and lost one of their top play makers in the first 30 seconds of the game. And you can't tell me with a straight face that losing Ginn didn't hurt. That completely affected OSU's game plan before the game even got going. Instead of Florida being spread all over the field defending 3 big play guys, they only had to concentrate on 2 which made a HUGE difference. But in the end who cares, that was last year this is now. Living in the past doesn't take you anywhere, ask Florida.

I side with Cane in saying that thinking OSU's team this year is worse then last. That is ignorant. It also shows that you may not actually watch a lot of football and only read headlines and ride the wagon.

I could go on about how Florida hasn't played great football this year but I won't because it's not worth it since God's great sun shines on the SEC's asses
1) You're right -- I don't watch any OSU games. Not because I dislike OSU, I just don't care about them.
2) FL does not deserve the SEC Champ game, far from National light. Take Tebow away and there is no offence. Honestly, I didn't think they deserved the National Champ game last year. But I did not think USC deserved either.
3) I am not sure about BC -- last week they proved they ARE a good team. But they have some tough games ahead of them. I predict they will NOT remain unbeaten.
4) USF, UCONN and so on should not be a BCS game contender at all, but it is good for their teams and programs what they did this year.

And finally, just like USC, I would not say that OSU is consistantly good -- I would say they are consistantly overrated. USC especially -- they have proven over and over that they have tough time finishing it up. But, that is the beauty of college football -- the Stanford deal, or appalachian State or... I don't believe MICH was that bad team, and I do believe they would walk all over App. State if they played them again...

With all this above, I do believe the playoffs would be the most reasonable way to go. That would give a chance to some teams (like SEC) to compete for the title. Otherwise the LSU, SC, UGA, TENN, BAMA, FL, Auburn, KT have slim chance to play in January when all of them are fairly good. But then, teams like OSU, USC have easy schedule for the most of the season and if they "survive" one or two tough teams, they are automatically in...

Not fair...
Appreciate 0