View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Liu
I have an FJ too! It is my daily and I love how I can just beat it to death. Only mods I have are some leveling spacers and bigger tires and wheels. I am actually driving to Vegas next weekend and plan to make a detour on the way and do some off roading.
Theres some trails north of Vegas near Valley of Fire as well as sand dunes north of vegas where the rental dune buggies go.

If you do the trails, be sure you have another 4x4 go with you even though they are pretty easy since it is out in the middle of nowhere with no cellphone reception.

The Dunes you can do by yourself since it is near the freeway, but be careful... We launched my FJ off the backside of a dune since we didnt see that it just dropped off like a sandy cliff and came down sideways... Truck was completely coming down at a side ways angle... We ended up landing sideways on the backside of the dune and slid down on all 4 tires... My buddy shit his pants but the truck didnt have a scratch

On a side note, when you add all the trail armor to the FJ it makes a great vehicle to go into the city or crowded shopping centers where the M3 could get dinged or hit
Appreciate 0