View Single Post
      12-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #32
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
However as I drove 100km out, the trip comp tells me I need to add 1L of oil...
Which straight away they explained to me was because the car sat in the showroom for too long, and oil must've settled in as I drove and it's no big deal. So they'll pay for the oil top up.
The servicing on my old E46 was still scheduled by KMs, while this one you bring in when the car tells you to. So just wondering is it common that the little +1L oil pops up? When it does, would you simply just top up with the right oil?
Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Welcome,after 3 years I love mine more every day, one of the best blank canvasses of all.

Everyone will have different taste in appearance, performance and sound. I've always liked to follow the theme of the primary colour and black, remove all chrome and set the stance of the car to a nice rake. The car retains the OE look but has a more aggressive appearance and stance

The oil sensors are a true pain. I change oil every 8000ks and it always shows overfull when you start, if you take a litre out it asks for a litre after about 60-100Ks. This has only ever happened after an oil service. It takes quite a few Ks to settle the level sensors after the oil has been drained, 100 Ks sounds about right unless it was already low. You can check any time by pressing through the menu until it shows the oil level, but it needs to be at operating temp before it gives a reading.
A group of us buy oil in bulk (Castrol Edge professional TWS 10W 60) instead of paying $40 per litre it's around $13.00 per litre in 20 Litre drums
Appreciate 0