CDT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 Convertible

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddictM3 View Post
Great thread. Came just in time, since my 5.5 year old battery is beginning to display mood swings and a mind of its own. I have the same OEM Banner battery as you do. The matching replacement from a nearby Canadian dealer was $360 just for the part, without any labor or registration included. I'd imagine it will cost me more than $500 out the door.

As for battery registration, it's simple. You can download free BMWLogger on a laptop, and buy a K+DCAN cable and do it yourself. The One Stop Electronics cable is about $100. Don't buy the cheapo $20-$35 cables off eBay. I bought one and it failed after using it about a dozen times or so I now have the One Stop Electronics cable on order.

You can also do the coding yourself if you change battery specs also using free software and the cable, but it's a bit more technical and involved. I have no idea how to do it so I'll stick with a battery matching OEM specs.

I really appreciate the info. Hopefully others can follow your advice and save a few hard earned $!
Appreciate 0