10-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
congrats and report back with your thoughts. I'd love to own a Ferrari one day, and exactly for the reasons you described. it doesn't have to be the fastest car on the road, and the fact that your S/C M3 may be faster in some ways doesn't take anything away from the allure of the Ferrari. it's a piece of art. I've always wanted a black one with a tan interior.
I'll definitely report back after the test drive on Monday morning. All the paperwork is done so I just need to love it. Who knows, could be a disappointment given how awesome the M3 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
The 430 is sick man. It's my favorite of all time.

IMO do it except if rather have a 6mt but jmo
There's literally 80 for sale in the US and maybe 2 that are the 6MT! I've always loved the open shifter gates on the Ferraris. But I'm gonna go for the F1 trans. This thing should be much more visceral than the M3 DCT. It shift slower but it's harder and more engaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budski View Post
A guy I hung out with in high school had one (his dad passed away and he inherited the car)

Maybe it's because I have such ridiculous memories in it like rolling through wendy's drive thru and the fact we were both teenagers rolling around in a Ferrari but I'd love to get my hands on one.

Do it.
Great story. Not a teenager anymore but maybe this car will make me feel like one again

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Wow, that'd be a heck of an addition. No doubt, when you got the sound of that engine screaming away, it's definitely not about performance, even though you have both since you aren't getting rid of the M.

Having said that, I'd be terrified of the maintenance cost. Or is that covered under CPO? Regardless, everyone should own a Ferrari at some point if they have a chance.
Yeah maintenance will be more expensive than the BMW but it's not bad. Service is once a year. About $1,400 for even years and $2K for the odd years and every 3 years spark plugs at $500.

Good news about the car I'm looking at - it's had the header recall/replaced and the F1 clutch wear is minimal. Those are the two things to look out for. Otherwise the F430's have been very reliable.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0